Text Area controls will display data as plain text in a box which can display multiple lines of text, rather than the single line "Text Field Control".
When adding a Text Area to a form it needs to be positioned under a "Field Set Container" that is under a "Form". There is some customization for this Control, they are:
1) Data Binding: This is where you set up the binding to the field on the object that you want to display.
2) Field Label: The name that will appear next to the Text Area.
3) Field Width: The width in pixels that the Text Area will display, 0 is 100%.
4) Hide Label: If set to "True" the Label will be hidden.
5) Hide When Blank: If the field bound to this field is empty the Text Area will not appear instead of displaying an empty box.
6) Tool Tip Text: If text is in this field a white "i" in a blue circle will appear and when moused over the tooltip will appear.