The Date field is a Control used for Dates.
When adding a Date Field to a form it needs to be positioned under a "Field Set Container" that is under a "Form".
Once added there are a few options to set up the Control, these are:
1) Data Binding: This is where you set up the binding to the field on the object that you want to effect.
2) Field Width: The width in pixels that the Date Field will display, 0 is 100%.
3) Read Only: When set to True you cant change the values in this field.
4) Tool Tip Text: If text is in this field a white "i" in a blue circle will appear and when moused over the tooltip will appear.
5) Days into Future: How many days into the future you can pick on the calendar
6) Days into Past: How many days into the past you can pick on the calendar
7) Start Day: The day to start the week as an integer. Defaults to 0 (sunday)
8) Field Label: The name that will appear next to the Date Field.